Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Scratchy Scratchy




I totally get off on a really nice matte finish. Matte print photos look like money. Mac's matte lipsticks look like money. Have you seen that black Starbucks card? Black matte with gold embossed print. I even dig cars in primer, even though that don't look like money. And once upon a time I had 2 matte nail polishes. A dirty pewter-grey and a blue toned pink shell. I actually emptied those bottles with use, something I never do now days because... uh... Anyway, I've been seeing an exciting amount of matte nail polishes once again, which I've been wanting so bad it's retarded. I don't know why I've been holding out; it's not like it's going to break the bank. I wants some. Above is the dragon queen primping it up for Knock Out Cosmetics. They've got lots of colors, but a new "concrete" gray and "pool," a totally hot blue color, are really catching my eye. $19 a bottle. Oh wait. Maybe that's why I haven't bought any yet.



But then OPI has to come out with an entire line as well, including a sick ass green that goes by the name "Gargantuan Green." Shown above is their "Lincoln Park After Blah Blah, We Know, at Least it's Matte Now." I'm much more excited about the green, if you can't tell. They're cheap,($5 - $9) but I can't really find them anywhere except on ebay, and I just don't feel like making the effort to bid and then having to pay some stupid s&h on one measly bottle. Yes, I'm lazy AND cheap.

But what is REALLY freaking me out now is this shit. Essie "matte about you" claims to put a matte clear finish on top of any polish you have. For $10 I can have any matte color I want. OOOOOOooOOOOOO. Save meeeee.
I think I'm finally caving.

1 comment:

Felicia Ynez said...

that's awesome. I didn't know they had such a thing as a matte finishing polish. Incredible!